Skip to content

Final suspect in Kipling Place shooting nabbed in Hamilton

Timothy White, 21, faces multiple charges, including attempted murder, discharging a firearm with intent, and aggravated assault
Timothy White is a suspect in a north-end Barrie shooting that left a man with life-threatening injuries on April 22. He was arrested Friday afternoon in Hamilton.

Barrie police have arrested the fourth and final suspect in connection to a north-end shooting on April 22.

Shortly before 4 p.m., on Friday (May 5), police say Timothy White was arrested by members of the Provincial Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (R.O.P.E.) Squad at a King Street West address in Hamilton.

White, 21, of no fixed address, was transported to Barrie Police Headquarters on Fairview Road where he remains in custody pending a WASH (Weekend and Statutory Holiday) bail hearing, which is scheduled to take place today by video.

He has been charged with attempted murder, discharging a firearm with intent, aggravated assault, pointing a firearm, unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm, having knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, and assault with a weapon.

Around 10:30 p.m., on Saturday, April 22, Barrie police received reports of a shooting that had just taken place on the catwalk between Leacock Drive and Kipling Place. The victim, a 45-year-old Barrie man, had suffered life-threatening injuries after being "struck multiple times by gunfire," police said in a news release.

"This ongoing investigation into this isolated incident has been conducted by detectives from the Barrie Police Service Major Crime Unit," police stated. "The detailed investigation that has been conducted resulted in the initial arrests of three people in the hours and days that followed the shooting."

Two men from Orillia, aged 23 and 21, along with a 29-year-old Barrie woman, are now charged of attempted murder and discharging a firearm with intent.

On April 28, White was identified as the outstanding suspect being sought and at that time, police believed that he was armed and dangerous.

"The Barrie Police Service wish to thank the members of the Provincial ROPE Squad for their assistance in locating Timothy White, safely taking him into custody and subsequently returning him to Barrie so that he could be held accountable for his senseless actions in our community," police stated in a news release.