The Township of Oro-Medonte is looking for nominations for its two top honours: the 2019 Senior of the Year and the 2019 Citizen of the Year.
The Citizen of the Year Award honours a resident’s volunteer efforts that benefits the quality of life in the township and demonstrates:
- A commitment to community service;
- Support and leadership for a lasting quality of community life;
- Significant volunteer involvement;
- Outreach and assistance to those in need; and
- An optimistic and inspiring role model with a desire to make a positive impact.
To be eligible for the award, the nominee must be a resident of Oro-Medonte. Please note that nominations are accepted for one individual only.
The Ontario Senior of the Year Award gives each municipality in Ontario the opportunity to honour one outstanding local senior. Recipients must be over 65 years old and are people who have made their communities better places to live. Please note that nominations are accepted for one individual only.
To complete a nomination application, click here.
The submission deadline for both awards is Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019.