Today's COVID-19 update from Public Health Ontario includes 218 new cases, 169 recoveries and three deaths.
The July 29 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- 1,424 active, lab-confirmed cases.
- 105 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 121 patients in intensive care units with COVID-related illness (of those, 35 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- 79 people are on ventilators due to COVID-related illness (of those, 19 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 19,425 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.3-per-cent positivity rate.
- There are 8,054 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed almost 16.5 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 549,952 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 539,200 recoveries and 9,328 deaths.
There were 89,157 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday. In terms of total doses, 19,293,701 have been administered in Ontario. In total, 8,851,757 people have been fully vaccinated in Ontario.