Public Health Ontario has reported 640 new COVID-19 cases in its latest report (Sept. 25).
Today's update also includes 794 new recoveries and six deaths in the last month. Another four deaths that occurred more than one month ago were also added, for a total of 10 deaths in this update.
The Sept. 25 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 370 were unvaccinated people, 46 were partially vaccinated, 155 were fully vaccinated, and 69 are listed as vaccination status unknown (missing health card information).
- 5,583 active cases, down from 5,747 yesterday.
- 323 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario, up from 308 yesterday.
- There are 178 patients in intensive care units because of COVID-19 (25 of those people no longer test positive for COVID-19) and 128 patients on ventilators (17 of those patients no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 33,303 tests were processed yesterday.
- Another 17,275 tests are still under investigation and/or being processed. To date, 17.9 million tests have been completed.
Variants of concern (Ontario-wide)
- 146,457 lab-confirmed cases of the UK variant strain of COVID-19 (B.1.1.7/Alpha variant).
- 1,502 cases of B.1.351 (also known as the South African variant/Beta variant).
- 5,229 cases of P.1, which is the variant strain that originated in Brazil (Gamma variant).
- 11,835 cases of B.1.617.2 (also known as the Delta variant).
- Another 50,480 cases have screened positive with a mutation detected, but the lineage for the variant strain not yet detected.
- According to Public Health Ontario, there are delays between specimen collection and the testing required to confirm a variant of concern. As such, the reports can change and can differ from past case counts publicly reported.
- There were 47,871 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday, up from 46,550 on Sept. 23.
- 21,614,205 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 10,437,551 people have been fully vaccinated.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 583,275 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 567,994 recoveries and 9,698 deaths, 4,010 of those in long-term care homes.