Skip to content

One-third of employers expect to hire in upcoming quarter: Manpower

'The arrival of spring has brought good news for Canadian job seekers'
0
job hunt AdobeStock_101995531
Stock image

NEWS RELEASE
MANPOWER GROUP
************************
Barrie-area employers expect a positive hiring climate for the third quarter of 2019, according to the latest ManpowerGroup Employment Outlook Survey.

“Survey data reveals that 23 per cent of employers plan to hire for the upcoming quarter,” stated Patricia Lamarche Benson of Manpower’s Barrie office. “The remaining 77 per cent of employers plan to maintain their current staffing levels in the upcoming quarter."

“With seasonal variations removed from the data, Barrie’s third quarter Net Employment Outlook of +13% is a 13 percentage point increase when compared to the previous quarterly Outlook,” said Lamarche. “It is also an 11 percentage point increase from the Outlook reported during the same time last year, indicating a respectable hiring pace for the upcoming months.”

“The arrival of spring has brought good news for Canadian job seekers. Following a moderately upward swing in job growth at the start of 2019, the market is expected to grow through the next quarter,” said Darlene Minatel, Country Manager for ManpowerGroup Canada.

“Employers in Canada continue to struggle with talent shortages and are increasingly interested in hiring teachable candidates," she added. "Talent shortages are also leading many companies to offer more full-time roles.”

************************




Comments