CITY OF BARRIE
The City of Barrie is working closely with the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit and other community partners to monitor the global situation and respond accordingly.
Following the announcement from the Provincial Government yesterday that all schools will be closed until April 5, the city is making changes to Recreation and Culture Services out of an abundance of caution. Those impacted by cancelled programs will be contacted directly.
The following changes will be effective as of 4 p.m. today:
- Allandale Recreation Centre, East Bayfield Community Centre, Holly Community Centre:
- All rental (ice, pool, gym, etc.) permits will be honoured at this time. Organizations/sports governing bodies can decide whether to move forward with cancellations or restrictions. If any choose to cancel, they will be issued a full refund. Adult registered programs are running. If individuals wish to withdraw, they will receive a prorated refund and will NOT be charged the admin fee. Registered programs for youth (18 and under) are cancelled.
- Drop-ins/fitness centres will remain open to the public and can be used as patrons deem appropriate. Memberships can be cancelled with no admin fees charged.
- Gyms and pools remain open for scheduled permits. Any cancellations will receive a full refund.
- March Break Camps: All registered programs/camps planned for next week are cancelled. Full refunds will be processed as soon as possible.
- Sadlon Arena: All venue rentals will be honoured. Anyone wishing to cancel will receive a full refund.
- Theatre rentals: All rentals will be honoured. Anyone wishing to cancel will receive a full refund.
- Parkview and Allandale 55+: These facilities will be closed until further notice.
- Preschool/child care: Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- The city has business continuity plans in place to ensure essential city services continue to be delivered.
- City staff are ensuring increased sanitizing practices on all common touch points and public spaces at all city facilities and Barrie Transit buses. Public education focusing on hand washing and cough etiquette has been increased in high traffic locations and residents who do not feel well are being reminded to stay home.
The city will continually update its website at barrie.ca with any changes to city services as a result of COVID-19.