This ongoing series from Deb Exel at the Barrie Historical Archive shows old photos from the collection and one from the present day.
58 Collier Street
Folks will remember this building as the home and office for many years of Dr. MacPherson.
This graceful, Georgian-style townhouse was built about 1845 by John Weir, and is a rare survivor from Barrie’s early history.
As the photo from about 1875 shows, it once boasted several decorative architectural features, has an unusual four-bay front façade and had three dormers in the roof.
This stately and historic building, well-maintained by the Rinaldi family, still retains its two-storey verandah and recognizable details from the past.