Doing things yourself is a great way to learn from both your successes and your failures. Unfortunately, failing when applying that DIY mentality to your own plumbing can lead to expensive repairs. That’s why hiring a professional plumber anytime you require plumbing services is the smart move. Determining the right plumber to hire, however, requires a little due diligence on your part according to the people at Plumbtech Plumbing.
When it comes to professional services, not all plumbers are created equal. According to Marc Benoit, owner of Plumbtech Plumbing, a truly qualified and properly certified plumber is required to have over 700 hours of in-school training and over 8,000 hours of on-the-job training as an apprentice. Benoit, for example, has been a licensed plumber for over 30 years. He leads a team of plumbers, apprentices, estimators, labourers, dispatchers and customer service professionals that can help you avoid DIY plumbing disasters.
When you’re in the market for plumbing service, Benoit says there are five simple questions you should ask every company offering to complete your plumbing needs prior to hiring them.
1. Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
This is the first question you should ask. All Plumbtech technicians are licensed under the Ontario College of Trade ensuring that they have been taught and are keeping updated with new codes and skills. Plumbtech has liability insurance in case there is an unforeseen accident.
2. Will you give a written estimate before proceeding with the job?
You should avoid hiring any plumber not willing to provide this. Plumbtech is always happy to provide their customers with a free written estimate for significant projects. Their estimates list the work and materials as well as the cost before we proceed with your job.
3. Do you guarantee your work?
Any professional tradesperson will offer a guarantee. At Plumbtech, they offer a 30 day labour warranty. Parts warranties depend on the manufacturer’s individual warranty.
4. Will you clean up when the work is finished?
A plumbing job isn’t complete until the work area is spotless and all debris is removed. Plumbtech plumbers clean up any mess they make when working at your home or business. Their plumbers wear booties, gloves and always clean up after themselves.
5. Will your plumbers follow COVID-19 screening procedures before entering my home or business?
This is a critical new element tradespeople have to be prepared to offer when entering a private home commercial operation. Plumbtech Plumbing Inc. has taken the following action to help ensure their clients are protected:
- Plumbtech technicians are monitored with wellness checks and, if showing any COVID-19 symptoms, they will be asked to stay at home.
- Their technicians follow everyday preventative actions including regularly washing hands and using provided hand sanitizer, and then sanitize the area where the repair is taking place.
- Plumbtech Technicians use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as disposable masks, gloves and booties.
Plumbtech Plumbing is a full-service residential and commercial plumbing company that also offers services to cottage owners, restaurants, offices, condominium and apartment buildings. Look for them at 24 Ferndale Drive North in Barrie or online at www.plumbtechplumbing.com.