Ghosts and ghouls return to Canada’s Wonderland this month with the opening of Halloween Haunt on Sept. 23 and Camp Spooky for the kids on Sept. 24. Both events run select dates until Oct. 30 and this year will feature the return of mazes, a new Day of the Dead Festival at Haunt and plenty of spooky entertainment for thrill-seekers and families alike.
Now in its 17th season, Haunt returns to Canada’s Wonderland on Friday, Sept. 23 with hundreds of monsters roaming the park, eight scare zones, five mazes, eight sinister shows and thrilling night rides! New attractions this year include:
- The Day of the Dead Festival: In the tradition of Mexico’s Día De Los Muertos, join us in honouring the dead every night during Halloween Haunt with a musical parade, costumes, specialty food and drink and a cultural dance and story performance by The Mexicans Folk Ballet. Celebrate the spirit world and remember those who’ve passed at this colourful Day of the Dead Festival where calacas (skeletons) help welcome the deceased as our honoured guests.
- New Maze “Pandemonium”: The dark tunnels under the mountain are no place for humans, especially after dark. When the creatures of the pit awaken, they use their mind-warping tricks and luminescent traps to confuse their prey, luring them to a ghastly demise. Venture there, only if you dare!
Shows and live entertainment this year includes mind-blowing performances like Inferno, Skeleton Crew, Freak Show and the Illusionist, plus a Vampire Disco, the Deathly Drumline and the Zombie Marching Band. Enjoy wicked food and drink from our specialty Haunt menu, shop for ghoulish souvenirs at our Halloween Boo-tique and experience all your favourite rides at night!
To increase safety and provide efficient entry into the park during Haunt, guests will be asked to adhere to a new policy which states that no bags of any kind larger than 6.5” x 4.5” x 2” may be brought into the park after 6 p.m. on Haunt nights. All bags will be subject to search.
Halloween Haunt runs select nights from 7 p.m. to midnight between Sept. 23 and Oct. 30. For more info on the spooky attractions or for tickets, visit www.canadaswonderland.com/haunt
Family-friendly Halloween fun with Snoopy and the PEANUTS Gang returns weekend this fall with Camp Spooky starting Saturday, Sept. 24 featuring scare-free attractions, live shows, costume parties, trick-or-treating and more.
Attractions at Camp Spooky include:
- A-mazing Mazes: Embark on a fun journey through our Cornstalkers maze and Spirit Manor meeting friendly characters along the way.
- Trick-or-Treat Adventure: Visit various stations where children can trick-or-treat for goodies!
- Sally's Disco Party: Kids can dance up a storm at this fun disco party hosted by Sally herself. • Pumpkin Decorating: Purchase and decorate your very own Halloween pumpkin to take home.
- Halloween Encounters: Children can meet characters such as a prince and princess, a vampire, witch, pirate, ghost and wizard along their journey through Planet Snoopy and KidZville.
- Lucy Van Pelt’s Costume Contest: Children can get into the spirit of Halloween by dressing up in their favourite costume and joining this special parade just for them.
- The Pumpkin Patches: You'll be singing and dancing as this groovy group harmonizes to Halloween classics.
- Spooky Tales with Snoopy: Join Snoopy for this interactive and fun storytime.
- Charlie Brown’s Trick-or-Treat Show: Charlie Brown, along with his friends Lucy and Linus take children on a musical adventure as they get ready for trick-or-treating and the big Halloween Party.
- Clowns and Magicians: Doo Doo the Clown and Magician Aaron Matthews will have guests cheering with their exciting, interactive shows (select days).
Exciting kids rides: All the rides in Planet Snoopy and KidZville are open during this event! Camp Spooky is included with admission to the park and runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 24 to Oct. 30. For more information on Camp Spooky attractions, tickets and hours, visit www.canadaswonderland.com.
About Canada’s Wonderland
Canada’s Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario (just outside Toronto), is a 300-acre theme park with more than 200 attractions including 17 rollercoasters, and is the home to Splash Works, a 20-acre water park. Canada’s Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, four outdoor water parks, an indoor water park and resort accommodations totaling more than 2,300 rooms and more than 600 luxury RV sites. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.