Over 7,500 attendees from all over Ontario joined us on Sunday, May 21, 2017. All Hotels were sold out, the restaurant in Barnfield Point Recreation Centre ran out of food. ATM machines had to be refilled four times throughout the day. Do we need to say more, Orillia!
“I am so overwhelmed, I am so happy for the City of Orillia and the surrounding communities. It's unbelievable,” said Carmine De Santo, promoter of the show.
“In my 30 years of doing comic-cons all over North America, I've never seen so many people at a one-day event in a small community of people. Congrats, Carmine. You Canadians know how to con it!” said creator of Deadpool, Fabian Nicieza.
“I just had a hell of a time at the Orillia Comic-Con 2017. Orillia has a devout comic, retro, game, artist, creative culture. First-time show, 7,500 people and eight hours – insane! And we will back in 2018,” said CK Leach, ADL Gaming.
Featured guests and attractions included:
- Fabian Nicieza - Comic creator of Deadpool, X-Force and Domino
- Bob Layton - Legendary comic artist for Marvel Comics
- Mark Bagley - Comic creator of Carnage, Venom, Spider-Girl and ThunderBolts
- Ty TempleTon - Legendary comic artist for Marvel and DC Comics
- Leonard Kirk - Legendary comic artist for Marvel and DC Comics
- Back to the Future Car - Delorean on display at the Comic-Con
- Batman 1990 Movie - The BatMobile on display at the Comic-Con
- R2-D2 - StormTroopers appearing from Legion 501st.
- Power Ranger actors: Kevin Duhaney (Blue Ranger) and Jeff Parazzo (White Ranger)
- Herbie The Love Bug
The show is made up of over 140 comic and toy, pop-culture vendors from all over North America, comic guests, actors, attractions, CosPlay contest and amazing door prizes. We had vendors from Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Detroit and Minnesota.
The show had exhibitors that catered to a wide-spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, movies, television, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork, sketches and apparel plus much more. In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals and fandom-related celebrities were in attendance for attendees to meet and greet.
The Orillia Comic-Con took place on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Barnfield Point Recreation Centre, 500 Atherley Road, Orillia.