BARRIE POLICE SERVICE
On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 the Barrie Police Service Marine Unit will be working in conjunction with surrounding police services as well as the City of Barrie and the Government of Canada to ensure the safety of both the public and the air show participants during the upcoming Illuminate Barrie- Snowbirds Air Show.
The following water restrictions will be in place:
- A safety line will be placed in the water from Johnson's Beach to Minet's Point Park from 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 28, 2017, until the show ends. Public on-water viewing for the show will be to the east of the line.
- West of the line, boats and on-water activities (including kayaking, canoeing and SUPing) will be restricted starting at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
- Barrie Marina and Tiffin boat launches will be closed for the entire day of Wednesday, June 28, 2017. Boaters are encouraged to use nearby public launches, including Innisfil and Orillia.
The public is reminded that under the Canada Shipping Act - Vessel Operation Restriction Regulations (VORR):
16. For the purpose of ensuring compliance with sections 2 to 15, the persons or classes of persons set out in the table to this section are appointed or specified as enforcement officers.
i. a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police;
ii. a member of any harbour or river police force; i
iii. a member of any provincial, county or municipal police force; and
iv. etc......(see Section 16 for the complete list of classes of persons)
17. An enforcement officer may:
- prohibit the movement of any vessel or direct it to move as specified by the enforcement officer; and
- stop and board any vessel at any reasonable time, and
- direct any person to put into operation or cease operating any equipment on board the vessel,
- ask any pertinent questions of, and demand all reasonable assistance from, any person on board the vessel, and
- require that any person on board the vessel provide to the enforcement officer, for examination, any document or information that is in the person’s possession.
Further information on the Illuminate Barrie - Snowbirds Air Show can be found here