Walmart Canada is investing nearly $175 million to renovate 23 of its stores to enhance customers’ in-store shopping experience. As part of this larger investment, the retailer is committing between $5-10 million to 11 different stores in Ontario, including one of the Supercentres in Barrie.
In Barrie, this money went toward:
- Renovations to Customer Service, Vision Centre and Pharmacy
- Updating key departments including Auto and Hardware
- Changing store layout
- Adding neon yellow department signage
These renovations provide a refreshed look and feel. Wider aisles, updated colour palette, new signage, and a modern look make the in-store experience more enjoyable for customers. Updates to key departments enhance the operational efficiency of the store so associates can focus on helping customers. Walmart unveiled these changes in July as part of its $175 million refurbishment plan.
- 23 Walmart stores being renovated by end of February 2019 to enhance customer experience and optimize omni-channel shopping
- Approximately 2,500 construction jobs created
- Supercentre format now available in every province
- New Walmart Supercentre opens in Burnaby, BC