TOWN OF INNISFIL
Due to the significant drop in temperature, the Town of Innisfil and Innisfil ideaLAB and Library will open warming centres for those in need of a safe space to get out of the cold. These facilities are heated and available for use on Saturday, Jan. 15 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the following locations:
- Innisfil ideaLAB & Library, Lakeshore Branch (967 Innisfil Beach Rd.)
- Innisfil ideaLAB & Library, Cookstown Branch (20 Church St.)
Please check the Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s website for hours of operation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, anyone who visits these locations should be aware of the following:
- Visitors are reminded to wear a face covering indoors and will be pre-screened for COVID-19. Anyone displaying any of the symptoms as set out by the Ministry of Health will be directed to the nearest assessment centre. If you believe you may have COVID-19, please follow the guidelines set out by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) and do not make the trip to the warming centre.
- Visitors will be guided to a specific space in the warming centre where they will be asked to remain so they may warm up safely while maintaining physical distancing. Access to washrooms, hand sanitizers and water will be provided.
- If there is heavy demand, time restrictions may apply and visitors may be asked to leave so that others may access the space. People can re-enter as soon as space becomes available or if it is their turn again.
To protect those who enter the building, there is increased cleaning of public spaces, protective barriers at service desks, hand sanitizer and staff are equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Staff have also undergone training in accordance with guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health and SMDHU to ensure they are prepared to serve the public in the safest way possible.
Residents can use Innisfil Transit to travel to Innisfil ideaLAB & Library’s Lakeshore Branch for the flat rate of $4. All other trips will receive $4 off the fare. The Town of Innisfil also provides discounted fares for low-income households and a voucher that provides two free trips (one return trip) per month. For more information please visit www.innisfil.ca/transit.
As a reminder, please check in on neighbours and loved ones who may be at risk during extreme cold weather while ensuring that COVID-19 public health measures are observed.
For additional information on extreme cold and how you can protect yourself and those who are most vulnerable, visit www.simcoemuskokahealth.org or call Health Connection at 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 to speak with a health professional.