COUNTY OF SIMCOE
On Wednesday, June 26, community supporters joined County of Simcoe Warden George Cornell at Vespra Hills Golf Club in Springwater for the County’s 15th annual Warden’s Golf Tournament in support of long-term care programs.
The tournament raised more than $28,000 towards the County’s Give a Lift Campaign to purchase new accessible buses for the four County-owned long-term care facilities: Sunset Manor in Collingwood, Trillium Manor in Orillia, Georgian Village in Penetanguishene and Simcoe Manor in Beeton.
“I would like to thank our generous sponsors and all of our participants for their contributions toward the County’s Give a Lift Campaign and for joining us for a great day on the course,” said Warden George Cornell. “We serve more than 540 residents at our four long-term care homes and these buses are essential to our programs and the quality of life of our residents, as they act as a key mode of transportation connecting residents to their communities and social activities.”
The 15th annual Warden’s Golf Tournament was made possible by community supporters and sponsors, including:
- Gold Sponsors: Cortel Group; Decast Ltd; Sargeant HUB International; Nottawasaga Inn Resort; Geranium; Frank Cowan Company Limited; R.J. Burnside and Associates; Ainley Group and Associates
- Silver Sponsors: Scargall Owen-King LLP
- Bronze Sponsors: Flato Developments Inc.
- Special Challenges Sponsors: Longest Drive Sponsor: Township of Springwater; Closest to the Pin Sponsor: Waste Connections of Canada
- Hole Sponsors: South Paw Canada; The Jones Consulting Group; Lakehead University; Loopstra Nixon LLP; Tatham Engineering; Planmac Engineering Inc.; MHBC Planning; R.J. Burnside and Associates
- And many other community partners
County of Simcoe is composed of sixteen member municipalities and provides crucial public services to County residents in addition to providing paramedic and social services to the separated cities of Barrie and Orillia. Visit our website at simcoe.ca.