Skip to content
22.9 °Cforecast >
Mostly Cloudy

Fire causes $100,000 damage to Barrie home (update)

No injuries. Cause of fire determined
0
fire logo
File photo

Barrie Fire investigators have ruled that a fire at a home on Charles Court was accidental and the cause was electrical. 

Flames broke out at the home in the Bayview and Little area on Sunday. 

A closed bedroom door prevented further spread of the flames, according to the fire department. 

"Upon arrival, fire crews were presented with a working fire involving a ‎bedroom and the attic," said media officer Samantha Hoffmann. "Fire conditions were difficult but crews got the upper hand."  

No one was injured and all occupants were outside when crews arrived, according to Hoffmann. 

The preliminary damage estimate is pegged at $100,000. 

 



Comments


More Local News


Sue Sgambati

About the Author: Sue Sgambati

Sue has had a 30-year career in journalism working for print, radio and TV. She is a proud member of the Barrie community.
Read more >