YMCA OF SIMCOE/MUSKOKA
In celebration of Family Day, the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka will be opening its doors to the community on Monday, Feb. 19. This free open house will feature various activities for the whole family in all eight YMCA locations across Simcoe/Muskoka.
“Family Day at the YMCA provides an opportunity for parents to connect, learn about healthy habits, and get the whole family active together under one roof. It’s the perfect day to celebrate good health and well being with our friends and neighbours. We invite everyone to visit the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka on Family Day,” says Karen Pulla, vice president of health, fitness and aquatics, YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka.
Activity highlights for each YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka location include:
- The Barrie YMCA will feature a fun-filled day of gym and swim for parents and children of all ages. Enter your family’s name for a chance to win a great family prize
- The Collingwood YMCA is running exciting programs throughout the day including family swim, family basketball, open gym and so much more
- At the Gravenhurst YMCA, you’re invited to spend the day enjoying activities such as kids crafts, family fitness, open swim, a magic show, delicious pancakes and more
- The Innisfil YMCA invites you and your family for some Zumba fun, family ‘swim and survive,’ family open gym and more
- The Midland YMCA’s schedule is packed with exciting family programs including open swim, firefighter obstacle course, family catch games, family playhouse, family basketball and more
- Join the Orillia YMCA for kids crafts, family open swim, kids versus parents fitness challenges, family boot camp, open swim and so much more
- The Wasaga Beach YMCA is happy to participate once again in Snowman Mania, where you can enjoy a fun-filled day of activities for parents and children of all ages
- The Parry Sound YMCA is excited to participate in Snowfest on Sunday, Feb. 18. The day will be filled with family fun winter carnival activities! *Note: The Parry Sound YMCA will be closed on Monday, Feb. 19.
Family Day activities are free to YMCA members and non-members. For complete schedules of what’s happening in each community, please click here.