The heavy machinery is back on Duckworth Street in Barrie's east end as part of the massive $10-million reconstruction project in the area.
Work began last year, from Napier Street to just north of Melrose Avenue, with the second phase now underway from St. Vincent Street to Napier Avenue.
The second phase is expected to be finished by July 2019, depending on weather.
The full reconstruction project covers 1,500 metres from Melrose to St. Vincent.
• Replacement of the sanitary sewer and watermain
• Replacement of sanitary service laterals from the new sewer to property line
• Replacement of water services from the new watermain to property line
• Installation of a new local storm sewer system
• Reconstruction of the road surface including granular base, subdrains, concrete curb and gutter, and asphalt surface
• New sidewalk will be installed on the east side from Napier Street to Melrose Avenue.
Detours will be in place for vehicle traffic. Pedestrian and emergency access will be maintained during construction.
For project updates, visit the Duckworth Street improvements page via barrie.ca/RoadAhead.