The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit is reporting eight new cases today.
The new cases include two people from Barrie, a woman in her 30s and a boy under 10. Both cases are attributed to close contact.
There is a new community-acquired case out of Bradford West Gwillimbury, a man in his 30s.
Innisfil also has a new case, a girl between the ages of 10 and 19, whose case is attributed to close contact.
There are three new cases in New Tecumseth, including a man in his 40s, a man in his 30s and a man in his 80s. All three are community-acquired cases.
There’s one new case out of Essa Township, a woman in her 60s, whose case is under investigation.
There are now no active outbreaks in Simcoe County, as the health unit has declared Bayview Retirement Home in Waubaushene to be out of outbreak.
There have been 468 cases confirmed in the Simcoe-Muskoka region, and 373 people are reported recovered. There have been 36 deaths in the region, and 35 of those occurred in Simcoe County.
In Simcoe County, 356 of the 450 confirmed cases are now reported recovered, and eight people are hospitalized.
All of the people from Muskoka District who tested positive for the coronavirus have now recovered, one man from Muskoka Lakes has died.
The case rate (including lab-confirmed cases only) for the Simcoe-Muskoka region is 76.6 cases per 100,000 population. The provincial average is 183.1 cases per 100,000 population.
The case breakdown by municipality, according to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, is as follows:
- Barrie (151 cases, 119 recoveries, 14 deaths)
- Bradford West Gwillimbury (100 cases, 76 recoveries, 12 deaths, two in hospital)
- New Tecumseth (51 cases, 36 recoveries, three in hospital, one death)
- Orillia (17 cases, 13 recoveries, two deaths, one in hospital)
- Collingwood (15 cases, all recovered)
- Wasaga Beach (13 cases, 12 recoveries, one death)
- Clearview (Seven cases, six recoveries, one death)
- Innisfil (36 cases, 30 recoveries, one in hospital)
- Springwater (nine cases, seven recoveries, one death)
- Midland (six cases, all recovered)
- Oro-Medonte (five cases, three recoveries, two deaths)
- Adjala-Tosorontio (seven cases, all recovered)
- Essa (12 cases, eight recoveries, one death)
- Ramara (seven cases, five recoveries)
- Tiny (three cases, all recovered)
- Tay (five cases, four recoveries, one in hospital)
- Penetanguishene (three cases, all recovered)
- Severn (three cases, all recovered)