Musselwhite Mine is a fly-in, fly-out underground gold mine located approximately 500km North of Thunder Bay, on the southern shore of Opapimiskan Lake. Musselwhite has produced over five million ounces of gold since its first commercial production in April of 1997. The company employs more than 15,000 people worldwide, including the 550 employees that work at Musselwhite Mine. Our values unify our culture. From the top down, across our operations, we’re invested in our people. When you work with us, you’re part of a growing community of skilled, thoughtful professionals committed to pioneering advances in modern, sustainable mining. We are seeking your experience for the following position:
Senior Operations Planner
Reporting directly to the Underground Project & Tactical Manager, the primary responsibility of the Senior Operations Planner is to manage the mine execution team to develop and implement the short-term plan and ensure the effective communication of priorities to the Mine Operations team.
- Coordinate the generation of the forecast (0-3 months) to ensure the success of the yearly budget.
- Ensure compliance to all Musselwhite Engineering standards and best practices.
- Manage the mine execution team members to ensure they have the training and tools to ensure the team’s success.
- Coordinate and promote development and production optimization programs to help improve safety and drive costs down.
- Support the successful on time completion of all major underground capital projects.
- Coordinate detailed workplace inspections by the mine execution team for up-coming priorities to ensure proper planning occurs.
- Ensure clear communication with Engineering, Geology and Maintenance, as required to support the Coordinators, Supervisors and Mine planners.
- Coordinate the scheduling, mobilization and utilization of specialized contractors to meet our targets.
- Coordinate the reporting of weekly/monthly and quarterly KPI’s as required.
- Provide input, guidance on all stoping and development designs.
- Review and seek to optimize existing mine plans to unlock efficiencies through innovation and creative thinking.
- A Technical Degree or Diploma is an asset, preference to mining disciplines.
- Successful completion of the Ontario Common Core
- A minimum of 5 years in the mining industry
- Experience in a leadership capacity
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, listening)
- Strong facilitation, presentation and technical skills
- Scheduling experience in either EPS or Deswik is an asset
- Knowledge in underground ventilation and drill and blast design is an asset
- The proven ability to function in a high-performance culture with the openness to each new challenge and opportunity that is presented
- Be a strong, organized, team player that can react to changing priorities in the daily tasks and assignments
The work schedule for this position will be either 11 days on, 10 days off, working 12-hour days or 8 days on, 6 days off, working 10-hour days.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on November 28, 2018. Please enter Job Number MUS00001912 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.