Business Enablement Director
||Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Business Enablement Director
Utilizes deep knowledge in the discipline of business relationship management for the planning and management of all Technology products and services; leads interactions with business executives for the assigned portfolio(s). Engages with and provides oversight to Business Analyst(s) to identify and clarify business requirements in order to successfully deploy products that meet the business’ needs. Supports business interactions throughout the project delivery lifecycle through to benefits realization to ensure business alignment.
What you will be doing:
- Acts as the single point of contact for the assigned portfolio(s) ensuring business needs are met and recurring service delivery issues are professionally managed
- Provides proactive technology advice and education, as a strategic partner to the business to by anticipating business stakeholders’ needs and bringing forward technology ideas and products in order to maintain OLG’s positioning in the marketplace
- Works closely with business executives for the assigned portfolio(s) to understand the business needs and works with the Business Analyst(s) to translate needs into high level requirements
- Develops and manages a formal demand and expectation management tracking process to analyze the demands from the business executives to ensure they are captured, understood, rationalized and tracked appropriately
- Collaborates with business executives to maintain product/technology roadmaps that supports enterprise objectives
- Provides guidance on the requirements, design and preliminary assessment of the potential impacts of re-designing a service or a solution
- Supports the Enterprise PMO group to align and prioritize initiatives according to business and enterprise needs; ensures that there is a clear translation and transition of business requirements into the standard project management processes to generate the Technology project initiation
- Provides oversight to ensure that both products are delivered in alignment with the business stakeholder requirements and operational issues are resolved to meet or exceed business expectations
- Provides business continuity and supports the identified projects and initiatives through the project delivery lifecycle through to benefits realization
- Promotes and educates business stakeholders of the Technology services and capabilities to facilitate stronger collaboration and improve technology adoption
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of the activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities; ability to assess the benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
- Enterprise Technology knowledge and experience across multiple technology domains
- Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Impact and Influence
- Continuous Learning
- Team Orientation
- Change Management
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact\
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 22, 2019.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.